I Know God Is Always with Me
[Jesus said], “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Matthew 28:20 NIV
Steps on Your Journey to Discover How God Sees You:
- Meditate on this: God is always with you, no matter where you are or where you go. He is always right there with you, whether you can see Him or not. Consider each part of this verse. What is God saying to you through each? God is always with you. God will be with you to the very end of the age.
- What do the following verses say to you about God being with you:
Matthew 1:23 (NIV): “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him ‘Immanuel’ (which means ‘God with us’).” One of Jesus’ names is “God with us.” Think about what that means for you.
2 Chronicles 20:17 (NIV): “You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.” Read this whole chapter to see the powerful way God revealed He was with the people of Judah.
- There have been many times in my life when I have been comforted by knowing God was always with me. One example was after someone tried to kill me. I was tempted to be fearful it would happen again. And what if next time that person succeeded? What would happen to my children, since I was their only caregiver? The Lord reminded me He was always with me and would never leave me or forsake me. I had to choose to trust Him and not be afraid.
- Think about these verses and this encouraging fact. What is the Lord saying to you today through it? Share what He says to you with a friend or family member.
A Prayer for You:
- Dear God, thank You that I can have confidence in my future, because I know that You will never, ever, ever leave me or forsake me. No matter what I go through, I know You will always be there with me. Please remind me of this when I forget.
Excerpted from The Surprising Joy of Discovering How God Sees You.
Blessings on you as you get to know God,
Gaylyn Williams, author of Overflowing Hope: 31 Devotional Studies to Encourage You. This is my newest devotional.
© 2016 Relationship Resources, Inc.