Single Parent Families
What are greatest challenges as a single parent family?
Whether you are a single parent or you are leading a single-parent ministry, we can help. Through our training and workshops, Gaylyn Williams provides practical resources for single parent families, churches, and ministries.
Single Adult Ministries provide us with these startling statistics:
- 15 million U.S. single parents
- 21 million single parent children: 28.3 % of children
- 2.6 million (3.6%) children with no parent in the home (1.6 million with Grandparent)
- 4 of 10 children were born to unmarried women in 2011
- 55% of children are in a non-traditional family (without birth mom & dad)
These statistics are staggering and reveal the need for ministry to single parents and single parent families. Some of the topics you may need to address include custody issues, co-parenting, healing from divorce and helping children heal from divorce.
Would you like proven biblical books and training for your group or yourself?
Relationship Resources offers practical, biblical books and training to equip and empower single-parents in their relationships with God, themselves and others. Gaylyn Williams, Relationship Resources’ president, raised her sons on her own for eighteen years. She shares what she learned, both victories and triumphs, offering practical principles to help other single parents navigate their journey.
Gaylyn taught numerous classes based on materials others had written for single parents. Then she taught Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills , a workshop that was created for missionaries—not single parents.
One woman who attended all the classes said, “This was by far the best class you have taught. I learned practical skills I am already applying to my life and my family.”
Gaylyn can teach this class for your group as a weekend retreat or she can train your leaders to teach it.
Gaylyn also ran a single-parent family ministry for three years. She coordinated:
- Weekly classes for single parents on a variety of issues, including relationships with God, their children and others.
- Weekly activities for single-parent families, providing a safe place for parents to bring their children
- A weekend retreat for single-parent family
- A food bank
- A sympathetic ear for single-parents
Get FREE eBooks, designed to empower you as a single parent or as a leader of single parents.
Contact us to discover how we can empower your church to minister to single parents in your city through our books or training.